Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Trust



Yesterday someone asked me how did I do such an extensive remodel from across the country? Trust. 

The choice of the right contractor, specific instructions, control of  major components and instinct.I had all the custom cabinetry made locally in Texas to my specs, the appliances were bought in Texas, all the sinks, fixtures, furniture decor were made or bought in Texas and then I hired the right man to deliver.

  I am sure it exceeds my expectations. Though a small twinge of doubt creeps into my belly could be the lack of sleep from caring for a vomiting four year old last night. Yipppeeee!!!!He gets to fly with me today.
View into family room. Light fixture is original to house 100 years old...not sure it will stay but for now it does. Check out the dark stained original doors ...split in the center to allow better traffic flow around the center island. One of my favorite things. The fridge impeding the sight line into the new family room not so much but I think that is more a result of the photo angle than reality.
The gorgeous honed marble counter tops, pullout spice racks, missing the viking range and hood.    

New built in benches similar to originals, with storage underneath.


Original placement of windows. I would love to have made the windows larger, but the cost of cutting through two foot solid stone walls is unbelievable. 6 to 8 thousand. I did honed marble subway tile to the ceiling instead.





Pennsylvania slate in herringbone pattern for laundry room, original granite slab step into room.



1 comment:

  1. Wow. Love ALL of your choices! Herringbone pattern slate floors are my weakness right now. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete