Friday, September 3, 2010

Summer Happiness


Heading into the last big weekend of Summer... I am reminded of something my father taught me. "Happiness is a choice". I am reading a great book Happy: Simple Steps to Get the Most Out of Life by Ian K. Smith, M.D.

I love taking tests: style, personality love, relationship and this book has a Happiness Test, a first for me. Now I won't reveal all the questions because it would take way too long to type it and I might get in trouble with the copyright cops. You need to go out and buy the book and take the test for yourself. In less than 5 minutes you'll know how happy you are. The biggest surprise for me was my realization...if I could live my life over, I would change nothing. I couldn't think of one thing that mattered enough for me to have done it differently.Now part of that is probably due to hormones and not being able to remember parts of my life anymore and part of it is I really am Happy.

With the days getting shorter it is time to say goodbye to some of my Summer happiness makers and allow new ones to enter for Fall.


2010 Summer Happiness List:
A perfectly still lake,a slalom ski and a boat that can pull me at 32 MPH
My memory of Reedy Roo falling asleep on the potty with his pants around his ankles and his head slumped to the side...worn out from the beach
Hanging out on the lake with all three of my boys David( husband),Cameron, and Reed
A cold beer with my friends in the 100 degree heat
Early morning with a cup of coffee on the dock the chairs still moist with dew
 Staring up at the inky sky filled with thousands of sparkling stars

Goodbye Summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment